The Firm To Contact For Aggressive, Experienced Personal Injury Representation
A serious accidental injury can turn your life upside down. You may be facing steep medical bills and other financial hardships and an inability to work or enjoy normal activities, as well as experiencing a deep sense of injustice that your injuries were caused by another’s negligence. If you and your family are facing this type of calamity, you have a reliable resource close at hand. I am attorney Jason Holladay, and I am dedicated to helping you recover physically and financially. My law firm, Holladay Law Firm, PLLC, has been a beacon of hope for many in Spring, The Woodlands and surrounding areas of Texas since 2011.
Before I opened my own law firm, I worked in insurance defense. This experience on the other side of the personal injury equation helps me create effective strategies for my clients. I am also a veteran of the U.S. Navy. I have long been committed to a life of service. In each stage of my career, I have focused on standing for what is fair and right. Today, when my clients are recovering from accidental injuries, I see their courage and understand their needs well enough to fuel my determination. I aim to help them achieve justice and get relief through well-prepared personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Types Of Injury Cases That Bring Clients To My Firm
I represent individuals and families who are facing serious challenges because of:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Train and aviation accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall, trip-and-fall and other premises liability claims
- Work-related accidents, including oil rig explosions and other types of petroleum and natural gas industry-related injuries
- Accidents involving dangerous and defective tools, consumer products and other manufactured goods such as vehicles and vehicle parts
- Catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord injuries and serious burns
My clients appreciate the combination of personalized attention and sophisticated representation that I bring to their cases. I am always here to answer your questions, listen to your concerns and help in any way I can.
Ways To Maximize Your Settlement After An Accidental Injury
Clients often ask me how much compensation they can expect to receive if their cases go well. It’s an important question, but the answer is: It depends. The financial value of each case depends on a number of factors, some of which are in your control. The following list is a sampling of factors that can help you maximize your settlement or set the stage for a sizeable verdict at trial:
- Get a personal injury lawyer on your side as soon as possible. I give this advice based on years of observations in law practice. In fact, many insurance companies assign different types of adjusters to cases based on whether the injured has an attorney or is on their own. When I am on board soon after an accident, both my clients and I have many more opportunities for success.
- Get a medical evaluation as soon as you can. Some people put this off if they can walk away from an accident. But later, after the initial shock has passed, they experience the effects of debilitating neck, back or head injuries. If they have waited too long to see a doctor, insurance companies and opposing lawyers typically express skepticism about the causes of these symptoms. It’s too easy for them to blame the client’s lifestyle rather than accept the client’s subjective reports about how they feel.
- Gather evidence and contribute to your attorney’s investigation in any way that you can. Did you or someone with you take pictures at the scene of the accident? Did you collect contact information from eyewitnesses or another driver? Did you ask the police for a copy of their accident report? If you can say yes to questions such as these, you will help get the investigation off to a good start.
- Follow doctors’ orders to the greatest extent that you can. If a doctor asks you to rest to let your neck injury heal, make a concerted effort to follow these instructions. Keep a log to record your activities, medication doses and so on. If you do not do your part, your legal opponents may use this as an argument against compensating you fully.
- Work with your attorney to discover and take advantage of all potential sources of compensation. For example, if you were injured on the job, you may be able to collect workers’ compensation benefits as well as file third-party liability claims against one or more parties other than your employer. There may be other sources of compensation you haven’t thought of. Developing a trusting attorney-client relationship will help a great deal.
- If your opponent makes an ample settlement offer, take the time you need to arrive at a well-informed yes or no answer. Your attorney should help you gather and understand all facts and legal analysis that is necessary for you to make the right decision to accept the settlement offer or take your case to trial.
To discover your own personalized tips, talk with me and let’s plan a strategy in your favor.
Get Started With A Free Consultation
The Holladay Law Firm, PLLC, is here to help If you have suffered a serious or catastrophic injury or the loss of a loved one in a fatal accident. Initial consultations are free, and I take all cases on a contingency fee basis. You own no legal fees until I help you recover compensation. To schedule a meeting with me in person or via video conference, call 1-800-900-3319 or submit an online contact form.